TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Respect Rules - In order to reach the objectives of the course and to maintain a cordial relationship between the professors and classmates, the student should respect the following rules.
a) Be punctual. Group classes always start on time. For private classes there is a tolerance of 15 minutes.
b) Speak only Spanish in class throughout the school
c) Not invite teachers to participate in activities outside of school
d) Not bring food to class
e) Turn off cell phones in class
2. Minimum number of students for a group class. , El Sol requires a minimum of three (3) students in order to open a group class. In case of an insufficient number, students agree to take one-to-one lessons that are equivalent in value to the group program until the group class opens once again. The number of hours could change according to the program selected.
3. Requesting transfer from group to one-to-one classes. Students who want to switch from a group program to one-to-one classes, need to request this transfer the Friday before the new program will begin. An administrative fee of US$30 applies.
4. One-to-one class discount packages. These promotional packages consist of classes taught at pre-determined times, and are therefore non-transferable and non-refundable.
5. Class Attendance. , Students are expected to attend a minimum of 80% of their group classes in their module. If they do not meet this requirement, they will need to repeat the module. Ex. Students who miss two days in a week of our Intensive Course (weekly module program) will need to repeat that week.
6. Absences Classes missed in group or private classes are not refundable and are not subject to recuperation under any circumstance.
7. Cancelations of one-to-one classes. To cancel a class, notify our Registrar during business hours one day prior to the class. You can call 242-6936, or e-mail email@example.com. Our business hours are Mon-Fri: 8.30 am to 6.00 pm, and Sat. 8.30am to 1.30pm. Classes not cancelled in time are considered to be absences, and are billed accordingly.
Students can cancel up to 15% of their classes contracted per month. All other cancellations will be billed unless the student recuperates them within the same period.
8. Course extensions. To extend their course, students need to reserve and pay in advance.
9. Reimbursement for program cancelation. Authorized reimbursements are calculated by applying the full regular price of the classes taken and there is a 15% fee applied to the remaining amount. If the initial payment was made with a credit card, there is a 6% financial charge on the reimbursement.
10. Placing classes on hold. Classes can be placed-on-hold under exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Academic Coordinator.
El SOL - Escuela de Español